New BISK CPEasy™ CPE Self-Study Course
Author/Moderator: Lance Wallach, CLU, CHFC, CIMC
The CPA faces a daunting series of roles—those of advisor, practitioner, and consumer. Life insurance can be a powerful tool; improperly wielded, it can lead to malpractice.
The authors hope this text effectively introduces the advisor to basic and also more complex concepts, enabling the advisor to appropriately counsel clients, or at least spot pitfalls and client opportunities. Similarly, the authors hope the practitioner who is licensed and sells insurance is aware of the myriad options available and which best help the client. Finally, the authors hope the CPA as consumer gains an understanding of the important concepts that can help the CPA on a personal level.
This text and corresponding video was a daunting challenge—how to encapsulate the complex field of life insurance and its applications into an understandable and useful reference. The authors hope this was accomplished.
Program Learning Objectives
Upon successful completion of this program, the user should:
· Understand the basics of life insurance
· Have a general understanding in determining insurance needs
· Be aware of the major pros and cons of each type of insurance
· Be familiar with business related insurance
· Be familiar with “split-dollar insurance”
· Be familiar with foundational estate planning issues
· Understand how life insurance is used to protect the estate
· Understand basic buy-sell agreement theory (estate planning for the business)
· Understand basics about various retirement plans
· Understand alternatives to cashing out or terminating a policy
· Be familiar with how products are illustrated
· Have a general understanding of annuities
· Be aware of trouble areas
Formats: Online, Software, Text $109.00/6 CPE Credit Hours
Formats: Audio w/text $119.00/8 CPE Credit Hours
Formats: DVD w/text $179.00/8 CPE Credit Hours
Bisk Education Inc. (831) 621-6200